am - pm



you
were
 my
sunshine

even when you lied 
i ignored each and every flaw in your system
and you continued to be a source of my happiness

but then i remembered–
 i don't go out in the sun
because it's bad for me
how pathetic
i was so scared to lose you
that i lost myself instead

and i failed to remember–
even if you brought me so much joy 
you brought out the worst in me

i broke the hearts
of the people who love me the most
just because
i loved you
too easily

when the sun goes down
 is when it becomes worse
i ask myself
was it worth it at all?
it hit me
what if you weren't actually my sunshine?
and  you were the moon all along?

like what juliet said:
don't swear by the moon. 
the moon is always changing.

i would be lying
if i said i wouldn't miss you
and it frustrates me that
i will never know
 if you felt the same way

 if you cared about me
as much as i cared about you
and if you loved me
as deeply as i loved you
you should've let me know
words are just words

now it's time
to let you go

perhaps one day
we will meet again
we will start anew
learn from our mistakes

but for now
i'll be okay
i will learn from this alone
i will turn my pain
into passion
for what i truly love

because i'm far too young
to waste my time
on someone who
 didn't love me the same way








Comments

Popular Posts